MINNEAPOLIS — There are more than 5 million professional truck drivers working today in the U.S., keeping both freight and the economy moving despite the rigors of life on the road. High prices, limited parking and long stretches away from family and friends take a toll on the men and women in trucking.
Trucking and technology industry veterans will launch ONE20 Wednesday, a free membership program that empowers professional drivers to join a community, connect with the people and information that matters most, plan their trips and save using the ONE20 mobile app, available on both Android and iOS.
Unlike other solutions in the market, ONE20 is much more than an app — it’s a growing community of professional truck drivers who’ve decided they want more.
ONE20 and its growing list of more than 1,500 retailers and service providers will help drivers find benefits not found anywhere else — and radically improve their lives on the road and at home, according to Christian Schenk, founder, president and CEO of ON20.
“Until now, technology has been part of the problem, not the solution, because mobile devices and apps have all been developed with the fleet or general consumer, rather than the driver, in mind,” Schenk said. “Our industry partners, ranging from mobile technology providers to
truck stop operators, have announced their commitment to the trucking industry and the professional trucker by helping us deliver unmatched service with a ONE20 app and tablet, built specifically for drivers.”
ONE20 membership begins with a mobile app that includes truck-safe turn-by-turn navigation and exclusive discounts from ONE20 partners to help drivers save even more money on and off the job.
Intelligence from drivers and partners will provide timely insight into places, amenities and deals that make life on the road more convenient, enjoyable and cost-effective.
Additional ONE20 membership benefits will include:
• Off-duty tools, such as trip planning, truck parking locator and point-of-interest ratings, details and deals
• On-duty tools, such as truck-safe navigation that includes traffic, weather, ETAs and multi-stop route planning tools
• Trucking-specific intelligence on available parking and points of interest
• ONE20 member discounts on things that matter to truckers, from food and showers to lodging and trucking services
• Route-specific member deals on goods and services
• Constant additions to the ONE20 affiliate program, with expanded savings and convenience for members
• Exclusive driver-centric content, including ONE20 Strong, an initiative focused on creating health and fitness programs just for truckers
• The ONE20 Foundation, a recognized non-profit charity with the sole purpose of providing support to truckers when it’s needed most, and
• TruckThat.com, a place where drivers can connect and sound off about life on the road, reaching more than one million truckers every month since March 2016.
ONE20 members can extend and enhance membership benefits by purchasing an exclusive Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8-inch connected Android Tablet, powered by AT&T’s LTE network. The ONE20 tablet will be available online and in stores in the fourth quarter 2016.
“We’ve created the nation’s largest and strongest coalition of professional drivers and the ecosystems of products and services they use daily,” Schenk said. “The end result will be a safer, more enjoyable and more economical way to manage off-duty time, while reducing the overall cost of being a professional truck driver. ONE20 membership is an entirely new way to enhance and enrich drivers’ professional and personal lives.”
In addition to the ONE20 app and its suite of products and services, ONE20 will officially launch its website on Wednesday. To learn more, receive updates and register for a free ONE20 membership, visit www.one20.com or stop by ONE20 at the Great American Trucking Show Thursday through Saturday in Dallas.
The Trucker staff can be reached to comment on this article at email@example.com.
Find more news and analysis from The Trucker, and share your thoughts, on Facebook.